◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans
Topic:

Leaderboard adjustments [locked]

james
level 21
Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 3:22 p.m.
We're devising a new system for how the artist leaderboard is computed -- we now normalize artist levels based on a wide range of metadata, which in turn helps us deliver a very accurate reflection of an artist's performance on thesixtyone.

We'll be closely monitoring the changes over the next few weeks and make adjustments accordingly.

Thanks for your patience! :-)

reply »

Suzen JueL Resistance
level 17
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 3:28 p.m.
is this why we are getting emails congratulating us on our levels...the ones we keep leveling up on...but now many of us have dropped 2 levels or so....points went amiss.....on top of the songs being deleted....when the artists are not deleting them....will this be fixed? or did we once again lose points that we can't get back?

This site has been a big 'treat' in the life of indie artists..thank you for creating it!
Hopefully the frustration of missing songs and points will clear up shortly :)

reply »

the moon and monday
level 18
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 3:29 p.m.
can we have our bumps back please?

we were at 10779 points 1/2 hour ago

thanks

tmnm

reply »

SuzenJueL
level 14
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 3:36 p.m.
yeah went from 10,296 to 5,873...HUGE PLUNGE DOWN

reply »

Glenn Case
level 20
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 3:37 p.m.
I have a feeling that this might just be a point adjustment across the board. I went from 5203 points to 3850.

ROCK!

Glenn Case

reply »

Dannielle DeAndrea
level 26
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 3:39 p.m.
Ok, thanks for the information and THANKS FOR THIS GREAT SITE!

I hope my points return, I have gone from almost being at level 12 back to 8 and lost nearly 3000 points?? All my songs are still up so hoping the points will join them soon?

This is such a great site for indie artists who are unsigned also! I have been getting heaps of great feedback and spreading the word about thesixtyone to all the other musicians I know!

THANK YOU!

Peace, sunshine and chocolate

Dannielle :-)

reply »

the moon and monday
level 18
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 3:56 p.m.
From what I'm gathering here, points no longer equal the actual number of bumps an artist has received.

Will you be telling us what a point is equal to?

reply »

TejozListens
level 33
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 4:02 p.m.
I Also notice that some of us gain points.
me myself I think I stayed the same, but fall from the leader board by far.

Is the new system taken account the number of songs uploaded and how much points each of the songs have? (maybe to elevate artists with only one song, but a really2 great song?)

reply »

Sky Flying By
level 25
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 4:41 p.m.
i went up to level 4, with 316 points, when I actually do the calculation of bumps i get 158.

I'm not sure how fair this new system actually is. yeah i went up an entire level, but this new system seems to be a bit skewed.

perhaps you could describe your normalizing process, what metadata are you actually referring to?

the curious want to know!

reply »

Is Data Tree
level 13
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 4:42 p.m.
My points have just doubled!I feel rather a cheat as I can suddenly upload a tune instead of deleting one which I'm not complaining about but feel rather fraudulent about.Sorry for all you other folks.

reply »

Mundos
level 25
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 4:51 p.m.
Out of curiosity, If bumps aren't all that factor into the level of the artist...what is?

reply »

Temple Scene
level 31
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 5:22 p.m.
Oh! I was trying to work out why our points had gone up when no-one had revived us.

(At least my first reaction was "the points have gone up" but now I can't actually remember how many points we had before so I might be wrong!)

reply »

freebertbrown
level 20
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 5:29 p.m.
we also had one of our songs date of posting get adjusted from like "four days ago" to "6 hours ago"

reply »

TejozListens
level 33
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 5:37 p.m.
@freebertbrown
hhmmmmm wow hahaha that weird (and new)

reply »

Alex Gloworld
level 15
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 5:45 p.m.
Well then... this certainly changes things around, I've got past my initial 'WTF' moment now.

Certainly going to make things interesting for those of us who lost points/levels and cannot upload new songs until we get back to the level we were just at a short while ago.

reply »

iyzie
level 44
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 6:48 p.m.
So it looks like points no longer equals total bumps, but is modulated by # of listeners, and I'd bet # of plays. I'd also not be surprised if the "metadata" james refers to includes things like # of comments, # of playlist adds, even tuneboxes - anything that credits actual ears listening to the music in addition to the depth of love (reflected in number of bumps).

reply »

supergrover
level 37
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 6:57 p.m.
So no clue what the changes reflect...
Is this site run through Homeland Security? It sure is secretive at times.

reply »

Levi Weaver
level 25
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 7:11 p.m.
wow.
i went from #8 all time to just one of the middle-class.

and i was *this* close to being able to upload another song.

it's been fun... guess i'll see you guys this autumn! :/
-Levi

reply »

Anj Granieri
level 13
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 7:19 p.m.
I went from level 9 to level 5 and lost over 1,000 points!! i am new to this site, but i'm feeling very discouraged. I think everyone is. Now can i not upload another song until i get back to level 8???

big time sadness over here :(

reply »

iWex
level 40
Re: Leaderboard adjustments | 18 mar 08 7:40 p.m.
If these changes mean less new music, I'm really sad -- I love hearing the new stuff, and now it sounds like a bunch of artists are a long way from new songs... Sadness. I'd love to understand why there is a need to limit artist uploads...

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading