◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung
Topic:

Streaming Issues in IE7 [locked]

sam
level 38
Streaming Issues in IE7 | 23 apr 08 6:54 p.m.
We recently diagnosed an issue where songs would have trouble streaming through IE7 (and escpecially if you skipped a song before it was finished loading). Well I'm happy to announce that I think we've identified and fixed this issue for IE7 users. If any of you still have problems streaming IE7 please post in this thread.

reply »

TejozListens
level 33
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 24 apr 08 1:12 a.m.
wooohooooo SAM ROCKS |m|(^O^ )

reply »

spr1ngtime
level 28
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 24 apr 08 11:37 p.m.
I am using IE7 and am still having trouble streaming any songs. After I hit play, I get an error a minute or so later: "IO Error".

reply »

spr1ngtime
level 28
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 24 apr 08 11:39 p.m.
After the "IO Error" appears, another error comes up when I click to play another song: "Couldn't close stream".

reply »

lankysob
level 41
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 25 apr 08 12:34 a.m.
I also saw a "Couldn't close stream" error a bit ago when I skipped the end of song.
Firefox 2.0.0.14

reply »

Pansophical1
level 31
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 27 apr 08 1:46 p.m.
So far I have seen a MARKED improvement. Thank you.

All systems seem much improved from the player hanging issues I have been suffering.

reply »

Pansophical1
level 31
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 29 apr 08 8:07 a.m.
Last night I began getting "IO Error" and some other error. Both in the popup balloons on the home page.

2 different systems. Both XP running IE7.

reply »

HiddenSanctuary
level 25
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 29 apr 08 9:07 a.m.
It started off al well and good but then by the third song it crapped out and stopped playing once again.

reply »

TejozListens
level 33
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 30 apr 08 2:02 a.m.
i'd never had the problem anymore since (^^;)
how come its different every user, we must have differents updates of IE7

reply »

TejozListens
level 33
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 30 apr 08 2:08 a.m.
wait a minute i just remember I DID type that I love certain songs to several certain songs many times, wooo hahahha so there you go, google adsense and adwords at work!

reply »

TejozListens
level 33
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 30 apr 08 2:09 a.m.
ups sorry posted it at the wrong forum! (=_=) pardon!

reply »

Sunflower
level 32
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 30 apr 08 9:46 p.m.
I'm down.

Not sure if it's IE7 or if any of this info will help you to narrow it down... My current version is 7.0.5730.11CO I saw the 10 Error then no sound. I was listening to the rack when this happened. I've tried a reboot. Switched from my verizon wirless to a wireless network no song play's. A digg button has shown up on my screen just left of the smoochies for our supporters banner. It appears that everytime I open a new browser and go to t61 a digg is added to the count.

reply »

Pansophical1
level 31
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 30 apr 08 10:04 p.m.
Completely down on hte streaming side here, as well. Started while I was listening to a new song, at 11:58 PM EST. The song hung up with 57 seconds remaining. Nothing has worked since. Tried reboot, reset router, etc.

I noticed the digg button, quite a bit earlier. I just assumed it was making us aware that there was a digg out there. I followed and dugg. I don't believe that had anything to do with the issue, but that's not my department.. :p

Vista SP1
IE7 7.0.6001.18000

I honestly just figured there was a server burp, but I can see that some that I subscribe to seem to be active.

reply »

Pansophical1
level 31
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 30 apr 08 10:54 p.m.
OK, I'm back live..

reply »

Raine
level 34
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 10 may 08 4:03 a.m.
I'm still having this problem

reply »

sumar
level 40
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 17 jun 08 12:07 p.m.
I am still getting a lot "we are having problems playin this song." Couldn't close stream

reply »

HiddenSanctuary
level 25
Re: Streaming Issues in IE7 | 21 jun 08 10:48 a.m.
The streaming issue started up once again after being fixed for a little bit of time.

reply »

willie
level 17
Re: James stating that I (Melanie Fudge) have b... | 24 jun 08 2:22 a.m.
James, I'll post my reply to your last comment to me here, because the thread we were conversing on has been locked before I could reply and I'm blocked from your wall.

****her account was removed (she's banned), and that consequently took her comment with her. she's been banned and knows exactly why (with prior warning). it's that simple.

p.s. facebook actually banned her yesterday b/c she tried to spam hijack thesixtyone facebook fan page. yes, it's quite that ridiculous.

this isn't "sweeping it under the carpet."****

I wasn't referring to the banning, that's your prerogative and I am savvy enough to realise we (third parties) could never know the whole story.
I surprised you bring up the Facebook thing. Is that relevant or constructive?
The complaint and what I think you are sweeping under the carpet is the unprofessional and amateurish use of unattributed quotes, especially those that name third parties. I'm not referring specifically to Melanie either.
Example.
I have had hundreds of emails that agree with me, like these...

"You are right willie. James's actions were unprofessional and amateurish, he should be ashamed"

"James should remove the unprofessional and amateurish unattributed quotes, they add nothing to the announcement and only encourage flaming"

See?

reply »

seanmcpherson
level 33
Re: James stating that I (Melanie Fudge) have b... | 24 jun 08 5:36 a.m.
The thread locking seems to be a generic "I'm taking my toys and going home/last-word" response. That's just my opinion, obviously.

I'm amused the only part of my comment that even merited a response was my very-carefully described 'seemingly-possible' description of slander, since slander *is* a specific legal term. I wanted to be clear that I wasn't tossing the word slander about wildly, simply explaining that some people might wonder if it *was* slander. And yet, that's still the only thing that got a comment. Absolutely nothing regarding *why* people might be concerned/confused/frustrated.

And to me, that says more about the situation, as it seems to continue to highlight the "I'm right, she's wrong, why won't you people just agree with me and shut up... Oh, here, let me lock this thread to help you" part of it and not the actual community/constructive part where the users of the site are saying "Okay, on our side of it is the worry that you're willing to name her in a public forum where she has no chance to get her name removed from being associated with the accusation, but you're not willing to tell the rest of us what she did so we know NOT to do it? And you're confused, or worse indifferent, that we're concerned that possibly the same could happen to us *with the same lack of public explanation, preventing us from giving our side in any reasonable associated context*? And that we're maybe worried/wondering that such an event might result in *our* names also being hung out to dry on an online forum where people potentially in our industry (where we perhaps make our living) might see it and then, having only one side of the story, take their business elsewhere?"

Because that's my take on the whole thing.

reply »

iyzie
level 44
Re: James stating that I (Melanie Fudge) have b... | 24 jun 08 6:23 a.m.
sean,

To me (paraphrasing) 'repeated violations of the TOS, even after warning' sounds exactly like an explanation. You want a chapter and verse quote of exactly where? Why? A TOS is a TOS. I understand that there is disagreement by some about the fact and/or nature of the violation, and we have nothing but he said-she said regarding that. I also firmly believe that the farther this goes, the less any entrenched side is going to believe anything the other will say, so it really doesn't help to drag it on out here in front of everyone, especially across forum threads that will likely be blocked or erased due to off topic posting - which will further inflame those who already feel heated.

"The same could happen to us" only if we, too violate the TOS. If we do violate it we don't have the right to "give our side" in some court of public opinion. I can't stop anyone from attributing malice to one party or the other, but I don't think this site would have lasted even 3 months with putatively capricious creators.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading