◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans

Dv8ted1
level 42
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 30 dec 07 11:40 p.m.
oops! i need to remember that's what the feature requests category is for. :P

sorry.

reply »

CiaranG
level 12
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 31 dec 07 8:52 a.m.
If only you could delete that and repost it there. ;)

reply »

the moon and monday
level 18
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 05 jan 08 8:02 a.m.
Will having a song on the New or Hot pages delay or actually prevent other songs by the same artist from getting to the New page?

reply »

dmexican
level 15
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 05 jan 08 11:15 a.m.
yup, that's taken into account

reply »

the moon and monday
level 18
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 05 jan 08 11:39 a.m.
does it just delay things making the New page or totally prevent them?

reply »

dmexican
level 15
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 05 jan 08 11:52 a.m.
looks like it just delays them. i don't know if it's a time limit, or if the song needs to be bumped a lot more. probably a combination of both.

reply »

Temple Scene
level 31
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 08 jan 08 8:20 a.m.
"in the interest of maximizing artist exposure on the homepage, the system also takes into account whether a song from the same musician was recently posted to the homepage."

Ah, now I understand. A couple of our favourite songs didn't do as well as the others, and I think I may have made a tactical error by uploading a whole bunch at the same time.

At least I'll persuade myself that's why! ;)

reply »

phreakymonkey
level 34
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 08 jan 08 8:59 a.m.
You also can't revive songs if a song by the same artist has been posted recently. Keeps things varied.

reply »

Temple Scene
level 31
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 08 jan 08 10:08 a.m.
How recent is recent? It would be good to know the ground-rules to avoid losing points again.

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 08 jan 08 12:42 p.m.
From experience, it's more than 2 days but less than 5.
Could anyone else narrow that down.
I believe it's the same rules for songs being posted in general.

reply »

eatabagel
level 21
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 08 jan 08 8:36 p.m.
Mr Temple Scene - No disrespect as you are easily in the top three bands that I have heard for the first time here but you do have quite a bit more points than 99% of the bands on this sight and if you have one song on the home page it does draw attention to the others. Keep up the good work.

reply »

Temple Scene
level 31
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 09 jan 08 2:43 a.m.
Thankyou eatabeagel, you are very kind. We're just excited that people are getting to hear our tracks! This seems like a much more real representation of peoples' interest than a MySpace friend count. :)

reply »

golux13
level 25
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 09 jan 08 7:47 p.m.
"This seems like a much more real representation of peoples' interest than a MySpace friend count."

Ya think? ;-)

reply »

maddie16
level 13
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 17 jan 08 3:58 p.m.
I love how these guys obviously care about running an awesome site and makes the necessary changes to keep the experience fun and engaging. This place rocks my socks!

reply »

cArBoNeMiSsIoNs
level 16
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 13 feb 08 1:26 p.m.
I don't know if I've found a heading that this question should be in but, having deleted a tune, I found I couldn't upload another to replace it.Even when I've now moved onto Level 4 I'm being told I have to be at 5 before I can add another.I had seven tunes up when I was on level 3 so when did it change? Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

reply »

Suzen JueL Resistance
level 17
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 12 mar 08 3:26 p.m.
i have had the same issue and what really KICKS MY AZZ is that I did NOT delete any songs, but one of them "dirty sick perversion' has been deleted (an original of mine)...and then when i went to replace it, was told I could not replace it, til i jump 3 more levels....did you get an answer to that? I still havn't!

reply »

timyjl
level 40
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 13 mar 08 2:15 p.m.
I forget what thread it's in but the upload limit was changed a few weeks ago. As it is now the number of songs you can post = your level + 2. It caught allot off guard and some are stuck seemingly beyond hope.

reply »

sumar
level 40
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 28 may 08 8:11 a.m.
I really like the changes you guys have made. :-)

reply »

Matsu
level 24
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 31 may 08 7:23 a.m.
Hmm, Great job on the changes. But it would be cool to see how much of a certain achievement you have completed. l

ike 80/100 songs played. 20/50 Max bumped. I think it gives a certain controle of you achievements.

anyway. great job on the site

Greets Matsu.

reply »

frederic13
level 15
Re: Adjustment To How Music Gets Posted | 01 jun 08 2:07 a.m.
I don't know if I can write on this area but my outlock messaging is not configured.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm your fan site, which is really very well done.
But I want to make a suggestion: would it be possible to have an independent embeded player to add music freely chosen and get it on our blogs.
thank you to consider my suggestion and give me an answer.
Congratulations to the entire team and long live the sixtyone

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading