◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung

sam
level 38
Thanks for sticking around and the old is new. | 01 jan 16 1:26 a.m.
Hi everyone who's still here,

Thanks for sticking around so long all these years and it really means a lot to me so many of you still care about this place after years of neglect. I apologize for the lack of communication this whole time-- not that this will necessarily change due to lack of free time on my own part.

In any case, enjoy the "new" old site and Happy New Years!

Sam

reply »

zenfira
level 38
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 02 jan 16 8:43 a.m.
thanks for your message,Sam! it means a lot after all these years. it is good to have the "new" old site back again.

reply »

Skye4485
level 15
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 02 jan 16 10:04 p.m.
What a great start to 2016. Thanks for bringing it back.

reply »

unclefesta
level 43
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 03 jan 16 1:13 a.m.
fantastic. The best 61 is back and so I'm back, and I bet lots of others will be too :-)

reply »

Sky Flying By
level 25
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 03 jan 16 5:11 a.m.
nice to see t61 back. it has indeed been many many years. something to look at, the upload is still not quite back :)

would love to upload some new material.

reply »

ringothedingo
level 27
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 03 jan 16 11:35 a.m.
Thank YOU!

reply »

icrow
level 34
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 3:48 a.m.
Wow, great to see this back. Thanks Sam! Hope all is well, it's been a while, (6 years?). :)

reply »

hdsander
level 38
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 3:56 a.m.
Thanks for keeping this alive!

I wonder if the posted adverts like those from future electronics are supported by you or if it makes sense to flag them.

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 3:59 a.m.
hdsander: no they are not from us and feel free to flag

reply »

Amynsia
level 6
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 9:17 a.m.
What a wonderful gift to have the community element back in play.

Happy New Years all!

Amanda

reply »

laurie
level 38
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 9:40 a.m.
Thank you Sam! This site means a lot to many people. There's a group of us who have had a little group cry over losing the site once or twice a year. :-) We never found another site with thesixtyone's killer combination of fantastic indie music and an open, friendly community. Happy New Year to you and may thesixtyone live long and prosper!

reply »

scrivenj
level 35
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 10:23 a.m.
Hi Sam,

It's nice to have the site back to its former glory and I think you will find a resurgence of old users as people realise it is back.

However, I should say it was never about the look, it was always about the functionality.

I liked the look of the redesign, but it was not anywhere near as usable as the old version and lost a lot of the most important aspects (the social side in particular) and this was what caused such outrage.

I think the passion of the fans and the fact that people are coming back in droves now shows that we are still passionate about the site and that you still could have a good thing going here.

I hope that you will find some time to restore T61 to the winning musical platform it has always deserved to be!

reply »

Distilled1Rush
level 27
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 1:19 p.m.
thank thank you this is so awesome!

reply »

rafaelplus
level 26
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 2:46 p.m.
Well that is a great surprise, happy new year to you, Sam.
Back in the day when we get really upset about the changes made here, my account rafaelbrandao got muted, so I can no longer send messages. Could you fix that?

Now to the technical questions:
1. Are you planning to work on a non-flashy version of t61?
2. What about a mobile html version of it? It looks bad when I visit t61 links from fb right now.
3. Have you considered to make parts of t61 open source so people could contribute themselves to make t61 better?

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 7:22 p.m.
I think it'd be nice to add an html5 player to replace the current flash player so music can be played on all (iOS mainly) mobile devices.

reply »

penji
level 12
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 7:34 p.m.
I am beyond thrilled that you have revived this site! Hope it didn't cost you too many credits. ;) Seriously, though, I think I've listened to about 60 songs the past few hours. Thank you so much!! Happy New Year!

reply »

voidnothings
level 17
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 04 jan 16 10:39 p.m.
Yay! You're back Sam! I wonder if I can help every now and then on the design side of things?

reply »

sf49rox
level 41
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 05 jan 16 1:13 a.m.
t61 will always hold a place in my heart. Great times and memories.

reply »

nitrolinken
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 05 jan 16 3:10 a.m.
Hi Sam, and thanks for acknowledging the state of affairs.

With how t61 has been running steadily for the almost six years it has been--without wanting to push this subject--basically left to its own devices, how do you feel nowadays looking into letting other people contribute to thesixtyone, openly, with the results open and available for people to look at?

Regardless of how you feel about that, I think it's great to see the old being the new. Hopefully at it'll at least be possible to see life signs coming from you. ;)

Happy new years to everyone else reading this!

reply »

scintillaterich
level 31
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 05 jan 16 3:29 a.m.
Wow. This is a blast from the past. Hello everyone! It will be excellent to have this site back up and running again. I discovered so many great artists here. Happy new year all!

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading