◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung

cocteau
level 27
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 midnight
I am beside myself with excitement that the old site is back. I just can't believe it! I spent so many hours listening to music here back in the day... and honestly, even though I'm all about Spotify now, it's just not the same. Nothing has ever replaced T61 in my heart.

I really hope you keep things going and maybe take up the offer of some of the developers here to improve and modernize the site. I can't offer those kinds of skills but I would love to spread the word.

Here's to a great 2016 here, and to many new artists that are just waiting to be discovered!

reply »

GraniteOctopus
level 17
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 12:17 a.m.
I think there is a HTML5 player - it works for me in Safari on OSX and I definitely don't have flash installed.

reply »

GraniteOctopus
level 17
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 12:21 a.m.
Playback also worked fine for me in Safari on iOS. It's not particularly mobile friendly but it does work.

Also I am super excited that the site is back, thank you so much! And it's awesome to see how active it is already - I'll definitely be spending more time here again :)

reply »

SaltOnAPlate
level 14
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 6:48 a.m.
It's like Christmas come waaaaaaaaaaay early!

reply »

BLueSS
level 24
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 9:25 a.m.
THANK YOU!

This is the first time I've really used the site since the redesign ruined the experience for me, and I'm looking forward to exploring new music once again!

reply »

morticae
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 11:29 a.m.
Hey Sam,

Wow, great to have the old site back!

I don't know much about the your personal situation or the state of the company, but there are a lot of people in tech who would be interested in working on a project like this. Maybe see if some of your biggest fans also happen to be devs? (I bet they are!)

Best!

reply »

cercel
level 41
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 12:12 p.m.
Thank you for the information! What topic should I choose to flag? I could not find anything closer than "vocal"...

reply »

ctull13
level 34
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 12:27 p.m.
Still trying to process the awesomeness that is this. Thank you, Sam.

reply »

aiiaznsk8er
level 29
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 12:31 p.m.
Nice to see it's active again. Time to dig in to some tunes.

reply »

morticae
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 1:10 p.m.
Man... it is weird seeing people's names and avatars that I haven't seen in 6 years. ctull13 just triggered some new weird feelings inside of me that I'm gonna have to categorize and process lol.

reply »

sleuthofbears
level 20
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 2:42 p.m.
yay, glad the old is new!

reply »

alext
level 26
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 5:21 p.m.
Woah, the good UI is back! It's like 2008 all over again :)

I used to think of thesixtyone a few times a year, and how the new UI was such a bad move - it killed the best part of the site for me -- finding new music and gambling likes (later, hearts), and watching my level climb up. That, and commenting on songs and talking to people.

It felt like a crazy change at the time, and I couldn't understand why it was done.

I've not seen gamification on a site done as well as it was here in the early days. It was such a sticky product!

Time to go through and see if any of my favourite artists here are on Spotify :)

reply »

yardbird
level 42
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 jan 16 10:05 p.m.
Jeez, and the Forum is back too?!? I think I need to sit down.

Thanks to you, Sam, for recognizing the potential that was still latent in this site. It's been wonderful to see so many people returning. Let us know what we can do to help.

reply »

hypernation
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 16 jan 16 12:32 a.m.
Good heavens, I have missed the hell out of all of you so much.

reply »

hypernation
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 16 jan 16 12:33 a.m.
Good heavens, I have missed the hell out of all of you so much.

reply »

irsocal
level 27
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 16 jan 16 11:12 p.m.
Thanks Sam, very glad to see the change back!

reply »

Tomlelli
level 20
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 17 jan 16 11:15 a.m.
Awesome! Thx

reply »

Calista
level 39
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 17 jan 16 1:48 p.m.
I was delighted to find that old is new. I just had to add my name to all of the listeners. Thank you Sam, so very much.

reply »

kweinberg
level 35
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 18 jan 16 1:07 p.m.
Thank you for bringing back the "old" T61. It truly feels like coming home!

reply »

eteyemd
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 18 jan 16 2:11 p.m.
This is just great news! I got a couple emails about T61 and thought it was some old rehash emails or something and then realized................wait a sec...........the original T61 is back! With the social aspect back in full force and ease of navigation I'm hoping this will really start to take off again. So happy today!

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading