◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans

metasj
level 25
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 18 jan 16 4:21 p.m.
Beautiful to see the old UI back. Responsive on all platforms!
Thank you and a very happy new year to you as well.

reply »

neikedjour
level 20
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 20 jan 16 1:22 p.m.
This is awesome. What is up with the coloured usernames? What does it mean?

reply »

saitam
level 35
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 20 jan 16 1:23 p.m.
Please check http://www.thesixtyone.com/forum/topic/2294/ - the colours are explained there. :)

reply »

SarahxJane
level 35
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 20 jan 16 2:38 p.m.
I really missed it here <3

reply »

pvanderw
level 31
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 20 jan 16 5 p.m.
I can't tell you how happy this makes me! I've missed t61, the music, and the community so much. I've searched but there's really nothing else quite like it. Thank you!!

reply »

oozlum
level 2
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 21 jan 16 5:47 a.m.
I'm very thankful for making thesixtyone content available again for all the listeners out there. THANKS!

reply »

cutething
level 28
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 21 jan 16 8:35 a.m.
this made my day when i randomly discovered t61 was back. YAY!! <3

reply »

ssabatine
level 29
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 21 jan 16 11:43 a.m.
Thank-you for reviving T61!...and for all the improvements you are making! :)

reply »

shady
level 29
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 21 jan 16 3:17 p.m.
It feels bizarre to be so enthusiastic about the old format coming back. Like I should feel bad for not liking the one it changed to enough that I wandered off. Collectively, we seem to be both the most and least loyal fans possible of the sixtyone.

But thank you for the change. I'm already frittering away my day wandering around through the lists again.

reply »

befriends
level 16
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 24 jan 16 9:33 a.m.
Thanks Angelsam :)

reply »

soulengine
level 30
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 26 jan 16 11:55 a.m.
Great to hear the old t61 is back. I really missed it. As someone already pointed out, I'd like to know about the future plans too. And if there's any help needed, I'm in. There is no site like the old t61

reply »

SarahxJane
level 35
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 26 jan 16 4:07 p.m.
@shady

It's unfortunate all around because I know that there was time and effort put into the new design but it just wasn't user friendly.

reply »

ksparling
level 16
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 26 jan 16 10:47 p.m.
Thanks so much! Was always a great site, and I, like so many others, discovered some of my favorite music here. Looking forward to being back!

All the best,
ks

reply »

ejang
level 18
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 26 jan 16 11:44 p.m.
Thanks so much! from S.Korea.

reply »

TheWorldmind
level 25
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 27 jan 16 10:38 a.m.
I'm glad to see it's all back, for what it's worth I didn't mind the revived design from a few years back.
Would love to know what happened, also curious if there are plans to release a mobile app

reply »

sandgirl
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 27 jan 16 12:20 p.m.
The design itself wasn't bad per se, what ticked the majority of users off mostly was the removal of communicative features (groups, user walls, artist walls, etc), and the way in which overnight with little forewarning things were changed like that.

reply »

Wilson
level 31
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 27 jan 16 2:28 p.m.
Thank you thank you thank you. I'm back and I love it :)

reply »

Slinger
level 39
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 27 jan 16 4:38 p.m.
Hi Sam,

It's great to see so many people finding there way back. There is a lot more competition now though. So, I'd like to make a few suggestions for making the site for more artist friendly. I believe you might be surprised how much impact these relatively small changes could make. Let's make this place the most friendly place on the earth for artists and listeners.

1) On the artists page, the default song order should be able to be set by the artist. Someone with five pages of songs gets their newest song on page 5. Very few artists would want it there. When someone browses their pages, they hear their oldest music first. Which leads to the second thing too.

2) If an artist deletes a song, everyone loses credit for it. That might have made sense in the beginning, but people have so many songs, they should be able to delete some without penalty. It would get rid of the clutter and also reduce your storage costs.

3) There should be a box listeners can click to bring up lyrics. The artist would input them, and they would be available to anyone who wanted to read them.

There are other smaller things too, but those are the ones that would give you the biggest bang for the buck.

reply »

iyzie
level 44
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 27 jan 16 6:07 p.m.
@Slinger, There is a 'newest' tab on artists' pages, so some of the functionality you want is already there. The default is currently set to the "popular" tab (which isn't necessarily the oldest songs first). Perhaps if the artists could set their own default tab.

I like your suggestions 2 and 3, though.

reply »

gafhptva
level 38
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 27 jan 16 7:08 p.m.
just a suggestion @Slinger. I'm fearful that your suggestions will get lost in an announcement thread. Maybe if you posted in the "features request" some other artists can or will also chime in on your suggestions. idk. just a thought.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading