◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans

michaelngo21582
level 39
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 28 jan 16 1:41 p.m.
Wow, it's been a loooong time since I was 'round here. I just randomly decided to come back. typed in old.thesixtyone.com as I always did and boom it IS the new old. Life ran away from me and didn't even listen to music. good to know that this is still around!

reply »

Vladt
level 24
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 29 jan 16 4:38 p.m.
Thanks, Sam! Super rare things hapens! The best music place of the net now alive again. Or it looks like that.

reply »

spellmynamewithabang
level 3
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 30 jan 16 2:49 a.m.
<3 glad to be back. starting fresh and let's make some good (new) times

reply »

sirenfall
level 19
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 30 jan 16 8:13 p.m.
I feel like I got an email from a long lost friend when I received an email that exclaimed, "You've reached level 19!"

Let's not fall out of touch again, okay? <3

reply »

Zodiac2800
level 21
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 05 feb 16 7:24 a.m.
Just wanted to chime in and say thumbs up for the revive of the "new" old site :) I'm back for sure.

reply »

da0487
level 23
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 06 feb 16 10:52 a.m.
This site brings me back to such a happy time in my life. Glad it's coming back.

reply »

sos0
level 19
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 07 feb 16 11:33 p.m.
this is amazing! i was digging around my old emails and found t61 after 6 whole years. <3

reply »

Digital45
level 21
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 08 feb 16 9:57 p.m.
This is great. The Old 61 is back to how it was. Such a wonderful rarity where formats on favorite websites (read this Flickr?) change for no apparent reason. I abandoned LAST FM because I hated their format/layout change. Now it looks like I am back at 61 because old is NEW and Old is BETTER! Thanks.

reply »

redbaron
level 31
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 09 feb 16 10:43 a.m.
Was thrilled to find this place rejuvenated -- I loved this place seven years ago and I still love it now!

reply »

noisuf0
level 19
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 10 feb 16 10:30 a.m.
I am about to cry, this is the best thing to happen in 2016 so far!

reply »

LEXZ1
level 41
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 11 feb 16 4:53 a.m.
It is great to have the old t61 back. A solid group stayed here through the lean times of the past six years -- both artists and listeners -- and contributed to keeping the dream alive.

In our renewed enthusiasm, let's not overlook the "old" in our search for what's new. While it is encouraging to see artists posting dozens of songs all at once, it is discouraging to see many loyal veterans being lost in the bustle.

In no particular order, here are some artists who have impressive bodies of work. Some left when the site had its NDE, and some kept on keepin' on, but they all do deserve more attention.

Pier Morandi, Denny Lloyd, Mike Hirst, Davy Hamburgers, Tzvi, Zack David, Mario Strack, Rinyville, Jamie Lynn Noon, A Bad Think, KraftiM, Isaac Thompson, Nanci Hobson, Hollis Smith, Lucas Diamond, Ken Gordon, Morville, and September 29th.

This is just a quick list of some artists who are going underappreciated here now. There are so many more great talents in the same category. Perhaps we can find a way to balance our enthusiasm between the "this just ins" and the "always beens"?

reply »

mikegreen
level 26
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 15 feb 16 3:55 p.m.
I'm not even sure how I knew the old T61 was back. It's a kind of internet osmosis, I guess. But this return is very welcome...

reply »

stateofdenial
level 32
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 18 feb 16 3:45 p.m.
Got struck with nostalgia yesterday and decided to visit the old.thesixtyone.com to go through some of my playlists... only to be happily surprised that the old site is back to being the main site!!! This is so exciting I was walking around on cloud 9 all day! Now, if we could update some of the elements to HTML5 and get the word out so artists start uploading again, this place will really start hopping! Perfect timing what with the exodus away from Soundcloud happening currently!

Thanks Sam, SO glad to be back :D

reply »

seedsforwealth
level 25
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 23 feb 16 8:52 a.m.
TheSixtyOne.com is finally back to being good again!

Listen to your community next time. We own you. Remember that! ;)

The community will ignite this site once again. I loved spending time here so much. Some of my best internet memories were because of this site.

Thank you!!!!!

reply »

JtahoeM
level 18
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 24 feb 16 2:28 p.m.
I'm at a lost for words, bitter sweet comes to mind.

reply »

Funiculy
level 33
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 24 feb 16 8:38 p.m.
THANK YOU!!!

reply »

iziizi
level 29
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 07 mar 16 3:21 a.m.
Lets hope the site gains back the momentum it once had!

reply »

DHendrix
level 24
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 30 mar 16 11:02 p.m.
Even if it takes years for a message to travel across the Universe, it's nice to know it was heard and responded to. Cheers!

reply »

pangea
level 3
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 29 apr 16 6:18 a.m.
Actually we haven't seen the new old look of the sixtyone.com, untill this year but it's so much better anyway cheers and best regards from istanbul.

reply »

thomas
level 30
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 05 may 16 6:36 a.m.
Was nothing to do with the new layout it was I hate music.....

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading