◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung

vierialistens
level 33
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 06 may 16 5:49 a.m.
The sixtyone remains one of my favourite music experiences. Participating as listener and artist, the gaming aspect and community - the best. I have been away for quite a while and was thrilled to see the notifications in my email.

reply »

todash
level 39
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 30 may 16 8:40 a.m.
Thanks. Will give it a try again.

reply »

esther5545
level 1
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 09 jul 16 3:21 a.m.
hello am Esther female single never married
when i saw your profile at facebook.COM i became
interested with you please kindly get back to me
so that i will send you my picture and details
to you God bless you my new lover from Esther.
reply me here ( rosinefaisal99@hotmail.com )

reply »

esther5545
level 1
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 09 jul 16 3:21 a.m.
hello am Esther,
Am from ivory coast west africa
i have very important business to share with you via my
email address ( rosinefaisal99@hotmail.com )

reply »

JackinaBox
level 15
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 01 aug 16 2:08 a.m.
Just found out we're back, thanks!

reply »

jbergqvist
level 13
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 05 aug 16 8:13 a.m.
Just so great! As many others have said: if you want help taking the site further please reach out.

Since the old (now new) design went away in 2010, I have grown up and now run a service design agency with staff of 20 people that would kill to make T61 even better than it was in 2010.

reply »

JackinaBox
level 15
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 09 aug 16 12:37 a.m.
While I really appreciate your enthusiasm to bring t61 to the next level, I feel a redesign is the last thing this website needs at the moment, as I feel that's what gutted this community in the first place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

reply »

mgaynor22
level 1
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 25 aug 16 9:34 a.m.
Brand new to this, stumbled across it looking for an old band I used to work for that you guys had on here, but really dig the site, glad to see it's "back" (even though its brand new to me)

reply »

SkaForFood
level 17
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 25 sep 16 9:44 p.m.
I got started on T61 right after the "new" site was launched but found the old on once when the new one was down. Glad to see its back!

reply »

thomasintaipei
level 22
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 26 sep 16 10:51 a.m.
I stopped coming to this site after you guys did the "update"I hated everything about that site and how hard it was to find new music. Thank you for bringing it back to the way that it was.

reply »

befriends
level 16
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 08 oct 16 11:43 p.m.
Sam, when can we expect an iOS (or an android) app? Can you launch the crowdfunding project on Kickstarter or Indiegogo for supporting thesixtyone's app development. I want this site as an app.

reply »

omgvalera
level 23
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 10 nov 16 11:52 a.m.
I've never been so excited! Thank you very much for continuing to support this site.

reply »

noteworthybusinesssolutions2
level 1
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 12 dec 16 4:24 a.m.

reply »

sc0ttkclark
level 24
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 30 jan 17 8:25 p.m.
Awesome that the old site is back!

reply »

poet
level 26
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 22 feb 17 12:15 a.m.
Oh yessss glad to see you fixed the site finally lol

I need to get me some more lvls, points and hearts ASAP!

reply »

Timothy Bivans
level 6
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 09 mar 17 6:29 a.m.
Wow. Didn't know that it had went away! Glad it's back. I use to frequent this place quite often. Anything new in the pipe?

reply »

sydneylawyers
level 1
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 23 mar 17 2:22 a.m.
so nice to be here...

reply »

justinebowers
level 16
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 27 mar 17 3:52 p.m.
I'm glad the site is still live. I personally haven't been on it recently though. To be quite honest, I joined the site right when the new (2010) design was rolled out. I instantly loved the site and enjoyed the large imagery that was displayed. Some of the navigation and different sections of the site were a little clunky, but I was always happy to open the site since I instantly saw the band/musician/album/etc and instantly heard the music.

I had never used the site in the old/current design so I don't fully understand the push-back that the developer received from the community. I understand people were upset with the lack of the social aspects of the site, but I remember being able to read/post comments for songs, heart & recommend music, subscribe to friends' lists, and a couple of other things like that. Honestly, that (and a random post on a forum) are the most social interactions I prefer making online - and the 2010 version of the site had all of that (along with the RPG aspect with the quests, which were neat).

It would be amazingly awesome if thesixtyone becomes resurrected with a new design (preferrably similar to the 2010 design), a mobile push (which a lot of other people have recommended), and new music all of which would bring in new users. I would love the large imagery to be brought back. I've been paying for Pandora and Spotify for years now and I believe thesixtyone was ahead of the game at the time when the redesign was revealed. I certainly believe a lot of things could have been fixed and made more user friendly in regards to everything else, but the instant gratification of seeing nothing but a big image and hearing the new cool music (a lot of which I had never heard of before thesixtyone) is something that I dearly miss.

Just my two cents.

reply »

Ganya
level 19
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 20 apr 17 12:20 a.m.
NOOOOOOOO

"2007-2017
Thank you for being a part of it.
Farewell"

Please don't do it please PLEASE!

So many great songs still live here, don't burry them down!

reply »

ann13
level 1
Re: Thanks for sticking around and the old is n... | 20 apr 17 1:55 a.m.
good

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading