◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans

sam
level 38
Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 12:16 a.m.
* Any member can submit a song from the 'activity' tab of a group to the 'submitted' tab.

* Admins can unsubmit songs from the 'activity' tab if they want.

* Ranking of songs is currently similar to how activity is computed though this can change in the future.

* In the future you will be able to submit a song via 'feature' from anywhere on the site.

reply »

ManuRaanana
level 34
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 1:37 a.m.
Thank you Sam,
What format should be the song for submitting ?

reply »

gafhptva
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 1:37 a.m.
So I'm already looking at a 2 possible problem with groups such as mine where the mods are still nowhere to be found after a number of recent group wall posts from current members. What problems will groups w/ AWOL mods encounter? Motivation to move on to another?? Second issue for consideration. If I just test out this feature by putting a test song up, can I retract or delete my submission. For example maybe I accidentally submitted the wrong song for whatever reason...can I correct my mistake without moderator intervention? Seems to be a great feature Sam. Thanks for the added functionality. Just curious about the aforementioned issues. Thanks again for all the continuing efforts & growing success.

reply »

gafhptva
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 1:40 a.m.
Also when we try to complete a community playlist quest, does it matter which tab we listen to?

reply »

SilentK
level 27
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 6:37 a.m.
Does this update change the Community Playlist quest? None of the songs on our groups activity list counted towards the quest. do you have to listen to the submitted tab to complete the quest?

I like this idea tho! being able to pick a list of songs as a group is really cool.

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 7:36 a.m.
You can now unsubmit a song you submitted

reply »

gafhptva
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 7:56 a.m.
YOU are THE man SAM. Thanks!

reply »

philomath
level 45
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 9:58 a.m.
Another really interesting feature, Sam. I love where you are going with t61. It's great to be back and great having you back.

reply »

sandgirl
level 32
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 1:37 p.m.
If a submitted song is no longer in the activity stream, does it stay on the submitted tab?

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 19 jan 16 9:27 p.m.
You can now submit any song on the site via the 'share' button of any song or on the group page.

sandgirl: for now no, but maybe in the future

reply »

laurie
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 20 jan 16 5:19 a.m.
Submitting to the group page via the share button is not working for me. The song I tried to share is not on our activity tab. Are there restrictions on sharing to the group page?

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 20 jan 16 6:13 a.m.
@laurie it was probably burying the submission in page 2+. The algs been changed now to incorporate 'hotness' however, so next time you submit you should see it at the top.

reply »

laurie
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 20 jan 16 6:27 a.m.
Re-submitted but it's not on any of the submitted tabs (Electro Freaks page). Another submitted song shows at the bottom page 1 and the top of page 2. Not sure if that is related to this problem?

reply »

laurie
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 20 jan 16 7:26 a.m.
Fixed - thank you!

reply »

gingerbelle
level 32
Re: Group song submissions | 20 jan 16 9:01 p.m.
Hi Sam. The new group submissions tab is interesting, but I have another--or additional--idea. In order to encourage users to join multiple groups and explore different musical styles, but STILL maintain the integrity of each individual group's taste, couldn't you limit the community playlist (at least the "activity" tab) to the group's primary members? In other words, I belong to Audiophilia, and my activity would only influence the activity board in that group...organically. If I join other groups, I'd have full access to everything in those groups, but my hearting and all other activity would not impact the community boards in those groups. That way groups remain somewhat distinct vs homogenized (which is kind of the point of having groups, isn't it?), everyone can still join & participate in different groups, and people can call out a specific song in the discussion section if they want. This might also prevent artists from joining several groups through their listener accounts and featuring/promoting their own songs...which would be understandable, but could get out of hand.

I'm thinking a combination of the new "submitted" tab along with modified "activity" tab might be best.

Either way, thanks so much for bringing the original site format back!!

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: Group song submissions | 20 jan 16 10:45 p.m.
@gingerbelle thanks for the feedback. One simple solution for what you brought up could be to dilute the effect of your activity based on the # of groups you choose to be in and perhaps weight your main group the most.

reply »

sandgirl
level 32
Re: Group song submissions | 21 jan 16 4:03 a.m.
Other idea, in place of @gingerbelle's: As people with wide tastes might like their activity to be reflected in all groups they're in... groups could have a setting where they get to select one or more genres that can end up in their activity feed. (Of course that's not perfect as genres do cross over, but still.) E.g. Electro Freaks might limit activity to only tracks uploaded under dance and electronic.

reply »

gingerbelle
level 32
Re: Group song submissions | 21 jan 16 7:05 a.m.
Weighting, yes! I think this would have the same, or similar effect. Maybe even better. The general notion of weighting had occurred to me, but I actually thought that might be too hard to execute. But then I don't know about the tech side of things:)

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading