◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung

Apocalypse
level 36
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 23 jun 08 8:09 p.m.
Wow! The natives are getting restless!

This may be odd coming from me, but...
Let's all calm down a little bit and not get so fired up. It tends to lend itself to irrational thought and irrational actions.
Sam & james - No need to get defensive either. It is, after all, your site and your efforts that make all this possible. Yes, we are passionate. Yes, we want to be involved. It's only because you've created something that taps into our deep emotional psyche. Wanting some answers is not uncommon (1st on my list, God, 2nd, S&J;), but finding a logical forum for rational discussion is important and this isn't it! so... any ideas?

-Apoc

reply »

james
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 23 jun 08 8:40 p.m.
this is a simple situation that doesn't need to be dragged about with false accusations and misconstrued info. as i mention time and time again, while we appreciate "passion," please don't forget basic human manners. it's a very reasonable thing to ask, though i find myself repeating it all too often.

thanks.

reply »

loyalty
level 17
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 23 jun 08 9:09 p.m.
I am glad for the announcement, and more than happy to stop the guessing game. My only real question about the violations is dealing with where "the line" is, because I do not want to cross it.

Is it very specific in the Terms for the site? I should probably go look. LOL.

reply »

kilexia
level 36
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 23 jun 08 11:12 p.m.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why (exactly) were those six users banned?

reply »

james
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 23 jun 08 11:23 p.m.
@ melanie (who are you fooling?): you littered thesixtyone's facebook page with spam and inappropriate messages. i reported it and got a response from facebook support that you've been banned from the page.

@ kilexia: we don't comment on specifics. the overall reason was blatant violation of our terms of service agreement.

reply »

loyalty
level 17
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 24 jun 08 11:36 p.m.
How can you expect to avoid 'groupthink' when we are playing a music game for points? By predicting the actions of the group, we get rewarded with more points. More points means more power (to bump songs you actually enjoy) & prestige (leader board). It seems that you won't get rid of the herd mentality as long as the points game is there.

[BTW, glad to see this thread unlocked. Maybe we can start commenting on that announcement you made (as to avoid comments in unrelated threads)?]

reply »

james
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 12:10 a.m.
hi loyalty, you're correct to a certain extent. because we're building something that's so new, we must also constantly tackle previously-unsolved problems along the way. there's a good reason why we still consider the site in beta. i can promise, however, that we're putting a huge effort into finding the right balance.

as for our latest announcement, i think we made it pretty clear how we felt about commenting (it's not locked on accident). we do realize that it's a sensitive topic and people are definitely entitled to their opinions, but it's very hard to keep thesixtyone moving in the right direction when we feel we need to babysit the forums (which were made to help us fix bugs and get usability feedback).

we decided to unlock this b/c, ultimately, it needs to be open as some users might actually have important issues or questions they'd like to bring up concerning the revive system.

reply »

loyalty
level 17
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 12:41 a.m.
Thanks for the response. :)

reply »

james
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 1:37 a.m.
you're welcome.

reply »

axan2003
level 18
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 2:36 p.m.
so whens the next upload party?

reply »

truthliesverbs
level 29
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 2:45 p.m.
So when are people going to quit complaining and whining about upload parties/first bumps and just sit back, listen, and enjoy a new tune that you may have never heard before? If you really want to play video games..no one is stopping you. Just don't bring that frenzied, maniacal, "first bumbs, baby!!" mentality here which ruins the whole point of bumping a song based on merit - not how many points you are going to accumulate.

reply »

supergrover
level 37
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 6:59 p.m.
so whens the next upload party?

LAWL

reply »

Akathisia
level 38
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 7:09 p.m.
@truthliesverbs: You can't bump what you love without points.

reply »

eatabagel
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 jun 08 7:12 p.m.
I'm all for enjoying the music. In fact there are a bunch of new Hungry Lucy tracks up. Up up and away.

reply »

Akathisia
level 38
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 jun 08 5:19 a.m.
National Anthem

reply »

Levi Weaver
level 25
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 jun 08 8:40 a.m.
"as for our latest announcement, i think we made it pretty clear how we felt about commenting (it's not locked on accident)."

wow.

reply »

truthliesverbs
level 29
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 jun 08 8:40 a.m.
@Akathisia...I hope your point is not that you HAVE to attend upload parties or be FB'ing to build some bump base. If it is, maybe you still don't get the concept.

@supergrover...I get it.

reply »

truthliesverbs
level 29
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 jun 08 10:16 a.m.
@LeviWeaver...wow, look at how many people have been exposed to your music here on t61!

reply »

supergrover
level 37
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 jun 08 10:22 a.m.
non-sequitur ftw!!

reply »

truthliesverbs
level 29
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 jun 08 10:33 a.m.
well, well...what an interesting statistic to see supergrover bumping Levi Weaver songs! Looks like some other people of this particular "groupthink" doing the same as well! hmmmm, wonder what's going on here? Is this good music?? Must be! I mean, since this entire swath of like-minded dissenters have grouped-up to rally against EXACTLY what the 61 is not about. If you can't understand Sam and James' reasoning, you may not be here for the music. If you are here for the music, you may be letting politics and community take over your own experience. I feel that I have made my points, and it wouldn't hurt to set aside your groupthinking and reflect on what is best for t61. Now, back to MY experience here...I feel that i've wasted too much time NOT listening to music by posting here.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading