◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung

sam
level 38
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 18 dec 07 3:08 p.m.
You can now click on "revive" without fearing a 1000-point bomb. The revive dialog/tutorial is now up.

You can also bump the track from the dialog box if you so wish.

reply »

james
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 19 dec 07 12:31 a.m.
Revives also now appear correctly in your subscription feeds.

reply »

Jeanburrasca81
level 40
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 02 jan 08 4:40 p.m.
Tendency seems to show an avalanche of revivals from every side...now I don't know how this was planned, but I'm somehow a bit worried that we will soon, with more people hitting higher levels, see tons of revivals. It should be something rare and special, at least in my eyes ;)

reply »

lankysob
level 41
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 02 jan 08 5:19 p.m.
I agree. Today was an over the top display of revival-ing. I only ever plan to revive the few songs I REALLY love...not 10+ songs that will just drain my points.

reply »

woodsier
level 14
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 04 jan 08 5:11 p.m.
How does one revive, what does it do and how much does it cost?

Where can i see this tutorial?

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 04 jan 08 9:13 p.m.
it's 1000 and it's unlocked at level 7

reply »

phreakymonkey
level 34
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 05 jan 08 12:23 p.m.
There needs to be some sort of additional limitation on the revive, I think. Make them progressively more expensive, perhaps, or limit users to one revive a week (or month, even). There's a glut of revived songs on the front page at the moment, and it will only get worse as more users hit level 7. 1000 points doesn't seem nearly as expensive any more.

reply »

james
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 05 jan 08 2 p.m.
the revive feature was released was bare bones simply so we could get it out there. there's more to come.

reply »

sf49rox
level 41
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 05 jan 08 3:27 p.m.
suggestion: make the level increase for reviving powers as the number of members increase.

reply »

michaelngo21582
level 39
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 06 jan 08 12:47 a.m.
How about making it so more than one person has to revive it before it gets officially revived. Let's say 20 people reviving it at a a cost of 200 points to each reviver?

reply »

Jeanburrasca81
level 40
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 06 jan 08 2:04 p.m.
6 out of 10 revived on the new-page...that's really disturbing now, could there be an ad hoc measure like blocking it, asking level 10 and 3000 points or something like that? That's definitely no new-page anymore... ;)

reply »

mikegreen
level 26
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 06 jan 08 2:48 p.m.
Yeah - that has a good idea in it.... Not so many as 20, I'd hope - maybe more like 5-10 would be good.... But I would like to see it remain pretty expensive to do - 200 points doesn't hurt enough - How about something more like 750 points each - that's a reasonable days points total for a middle level player.....

reply »

batface89
level 45
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 06 jan 08 7:26 p.m.
I have to agree with Jeanburrasca, the revives are going nuts today. I revived one today, so I'm part of the problem, but wow! It's like 7 or 8/10 on the new page are revives now. It should be renamed the revive page ;-)

reply »

TipsyBard
level 22
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 09 jan 08 10 a.m.
I agree; the revivals are getting ridiculous. I come to thesixtyone for its new music, to be surprised. I was tempted to revive 'The Ghost of Stephen Foster', but that was floating around the lists only last week.

Songs should languish for much longer before they can be revived, I don't care how many points it costs.

reply »

shayborg
level 36
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 11 jan 08 12:01 p.m.
Whoa, revives appear to be gone...

reply »

lankysob
level 41
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 11 jan 08 12:10 p.m.
shayborg:
You're right. I checked out Iron & Wine -- Innocent Bones (which was a song I noticed yesterday afternoon that had a REVIVE link available) and it's not a Revive link anymore.

reply »

iyzie
level 44
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 11 jan 08 12:57 p.m.
There must be change in the air. I had a short playlist of "Revive Me!" songs. At first I thought someone had done me the kindness of reviving all of them, but I guess not.

reply »

AnnieB
level 43
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 11 jan 08 2:41 p.m.
shucks, i had a list going as well. and a few of them were supposed to be available today and tomorrow. i guess that saves 1000 points a piece, but i really wanted to have a collection of revives on the right panel. oh well.

reply »

james
level 21
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 11 jan 08 2:46 p.m.
We made some changes to how a song becomes eligible for revive.

reply »

AnnieB
level 43
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 11 jan 08 3:15 p.m.
gotcha...looks like 1 month after a song has been posted rather than 15 days.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading