◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung

cdipaolo
level 31
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 14 jan 08 12:29 p.m.
does it say somewhere how long you have to wait between song revives?

reply »

cdipaolo
level 31
one per calendar day? | 15 jan 08 8:01 a.m.
Seems like it is one per calendar day. I revived Rock It 16 hours ago and was able to revive Genesis this morning.

reply »

cdipaolo
level 31
Re: one per calendar day? | 23 jan 08 12:56 p.m.
It might have changed but it's not exactly once per calendar day as I revived one song this morning (~7 hours ago) and another one just now.

reply »

DrewQ
level 12
Re: one per calendar day? | 25 jan 08 6:33 a.m.
how do you revive a song anyway?

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: one per calendar day? | 25 jan 08 6:39 a.m.
There aren't as many of them around any more, but the button that normally says bump, will say revive. If you click that it'll give you a little tutorial/warning that you're about to spend 1000 points.
If you're looking for an example, search for the artist Buckethead

reply »

cdipaolo
level 31
Re: one per calendar day? | 25 jan 08 8:24 a.m.
1. You have to be level 7
2. The song must have posted (hit the "new" page)
3. It must have posted 30+ days ago
4. To find a list of songs you can revive you can go to Home-->News and click to the end of the list. These are the oldest songs that have posted. Anything 30 days or older will show "revive" if you are level 7 or up. Otherwise it will say "bump".

reply »

shayborg
level 36
Re: one per calendar day? | 28 jan 08 5:59 p.m.
Incidentally you *can* re-revive a song if it's been over a month since it was revived the first time. See MIA - Paper Planes.

reply »

iWex
level 40
Bumps prior to revive don't count? | 30 jan 08 7:30 a.m.
A couple of songs that I have bumped before have been revived -- but it looks like any kind of points accumulation resets with the revive... Am I right, or confused?

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: Bumps prior to revive don't count? | 30 jan 08 7:57 a.m.
confused (I think)
The points calculations have changed a lot in the past month, so you might not be gaining any points until you catchup to the new algorithm, but I'm pretty sure you don't stop.
If anyone else has noticed this feel free to correct me. I haven't been paying much attention to the stats page

reply »

iWex
level 40
Re: Bumps prior to revive don't count? | 30 jan 08 1:04 p.m.
My pre-revive bumps disappeared out of my stats section... And I had to listen to the song again to bump it... It now says I have just bumped it once -while I know I had multi-bumps earlier...

I hope the algorithm just catches up, but as far as I can tell, the earning power of the previous bumps just disappeard off of the system...

The other option is that the song was posted more than once, but I don't think that is the case...

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: Bumps prior to revive don't count? | 30 jan 08 2:58 p.m.
That's something different.
I'd recommend sending either Sam or James a more detailed bug report.

reply »

AnnieB
level 43
Re: Bumps prior to revive don't count? | 30 jan 08 3:40 p.m.
@iWex: if you are referring to the CSS song that was revived earlier today, keep in mind that there are two versions of that song.

reply »

iWex
level 40
Re: Bumps prior to revive don't count? | 30 jan 08 7:32 p.m.
Thanks AnnieB -- I bet that is what I am experiencing... The simplest answer is almost always right...

reply »

carynmoss
level 14
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 17 feb 08 9:33 p.m.
I don't get it! any song I try to rvive I get a pop up that says A song has been revived too recently. try again later.
do they mean any song or from the artist I'm trying to revive?
now I know no one has revived any of my girls songs in a long while.
any one know why I cant?

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 18 feb 08 7:22 a.m.
1 revive total per three hours (regardless of artist)

reply »

rfriedel
level 32
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 18 feb 08 1:41 p.m.
@ImOnlySleeping

Nah, I think there is something else because I tried to revive a Temple Scene song and it gave the same message that carynmoss got.

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 18 feb 08 4:37 p.m.
I just re-read my last post. To clarify, I'll use an example.
If a Meiko song is revived, you wouldn't be able to revive a Temple Scene song for 3 hours after the Meiko song was revived.

If I go back through the home page right now the last revives were 2, 5, 10 & 14 hours ago. There will probably be another revive in the next hour or so.

reply »

rfriedel
level 32
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 18 feb 08 8:02 p.m.
AH HAH!

I think I see what you are saying... So no revives are allowed by ANY listener for ANY artist in that time span. Correct?

reply »

AnnieB
level 43
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 18 feb 08 8:14 p.m.
correct

reply »

golargol
level 13
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 21 feb 08 1:12 p.m.
About this feature... If this site is about "music adventure" and new discoveries, 1000 points to revive a song seems too much. There are 250 listeners who have more than 10,000 points (revive 1 song = less than 10% of their points). Reviving a song is not an option for all the others ! 250 points could be more a incitative to revive great forgotten songs.

Listening to music and bumping songs should be an amusement, not a business ! ;)

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading