◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans

silkworm
level 37
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 21 feb 08 1:46 p.m.
Revive was created when the site was a somewhat different animal. Maybe it doesn't make sense for Revive to be a feature unlock as early as level 7. But I don't think 1000 points is an unfair price for what you are doing: in the Playlist Of Democracy, you're cutting to the front of the line and putting a song that you love in immediate sight of hundreds of listeners. That's gotta cost something.

I'm not going to try to convince you that 1000 points isn't a lot for someone with less than 10,000 - it certainly is. Which is why I think that maybe Revive should be activated at a higher level (it's tough to have the temptation there but know it would be imprudent to act upon it). My only advice is to be patient, enjoy the process, and you'll soon have enough points to Revive and recover without bleeding yourself dry.

reply »

silkworm
level 37
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 21 feb 08 1:57 p.m.
I just want to add that when I was at the level where you are now, I had very similar feelings about Revive being prohibitively expensive. And then within a week or two I'd scratched my way to about 12000, revived a song, and lived to tell. You'll get there before you know it.

reply »

sf49rox
level 41
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 21 feb 08 10:01 p.m.
Wow I'm in top 10%, yay. Although need to be top ten to approach my class rank. Yes, I know - I'm a modest man with a lot to be modest about....

reply »

golux13
level 25
Revive when? | 04 apr 08 11:50 a.m.
OK, I give up. How long do I have to wait from the last revived song before I can revive a song? I've been getting the message that another song was revived too recently, for close to two hours now.

reply »

iyzie
level 44
Re: Revive when? | 04 apr 08 11:56 a.m.
3 Hours is the limit.

reply »

lankysob
level 41
Re: Revive when? | 04 apr 08 11:57 a.m.
3 hours in between revives. So, it's basically impossible to fit one in as I've found...I've been trying to revive some songs for the past week as well.

reply »

golux13
level 25
Re: Revive when? | 05 apr 08 11:35 a.m.
I understand the purpose -- to avoid plastering the home page with revives -- but there are enough people now who can afford to revive songs and enough songs that people want to revive that we need a different method for putting on the brakes. Not sure what the mechanism should be, but having to wait and hope you sneak in your revive when the slot opens up is as bad is the old "waiting to pounce on a new track" problem.

reply »

willie
level 17
Re: Revive when? | 05 apr 08 12:14 p.m.
I've all but given up trying to catch the limited slot. Perhaps a forth tab for 'Revives' is the answer. This would also free up the 'Hot' and 'New' pages for the mass activity rather than having to compete with revives shoe horned in on the whim of an individual.

reply »

willie
level 17
Re: Revive when? | 05 apr 08 12:22 p.m.
Currently three out of the ten on the New tab are revives.

reply »

petiejoe
level 36
Re: Revive when? | 06 apr 08 12:32 p.m.
Maybe a kind of reverse auction system? Every time someone revives a song, the next revive costs some obscene number of points that only AnnieB can afford. Every minute, make that price drop by N points until someone revives a song. That way, if you're really committed to a song (or just have a ton of points to waste), you can get it revived whenever it drops low enough to afford it. If you don't think that a revive is worth 10,000 bumps, then that's your problem if somebody else does.

reply »

supergrover
level 37
Re: Revive when? | 06 apr 08 6:37 p.m.
Currently four of the top five are revives (home tab).

reply »

golux13
level 25
Re: Revive when? | 07 apr 08 7:14 p.m.
Hey, and I just ran into yet another "no revive" rule -- The song I have been trying to revive for several days, but keep missing the infinitesimal window, is by a band who had a newer song post "too recently" for me to revive.

So much for being able to push a favorite back into view.

reply »

james
level 21
Re: Revive when? | 07 apr 08 7:45 p.m.
Yeah, we're going to be making some minor adjustments to the revive system so that it's more in-line with where the site's at right now.

reply »

Wolffe
level 31
Re: Revive when? | 15 apr 08 1:20 p.m.
I scanned the thread, so I might of overlooked this. Is there a plan to have revive and bump available at the same time. I just hit level 7 and when I went to bump a song I found, the only choice I had was to revive. :(
Thanks

reply »

lankysob
level 41
Re: Revive when? | 15 apr 08 2:01 p.m.
To bump, you actually still click the REVIVE button...it brings up another pop-up where you can choose the big orange REVIVE button or you click the "bump" link at the bottom right corner. It's a little unsettling the first time you do it (since 1,000 pts is at stake) but it works.

reply »

Wolffe
level 31
Re: Revive when? | 17 apr 08 9:10 a.m.
Great to know. Thanks

reply »

thenimaj
level 27
Re: Revive when? | 10 may 08 8:06 a.m.
Boy it would be nice to have BUMP as just a single click. especially when I want to bump a "revivable" song more than once! I'd love to see bump and revive as two separate buttons. or perhaps have "revive" only show up once you're at max-bumps for that particular song.

reply »

petiejoe
level 36
Re: Revive when? | 10 may 08 3:07 p.m.
That's actually not a bad idea - why on earth would you spend 1000 points to revive a song you're not willing to max out on?

reply »

SallySilvera
level 40
Re: Revive when? | 11 may 08 9:26 a.m.
Weird!!! Revives are coming in every few minutes and there are seven on the frontpage now!Is that one of the new features??

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: Revive when? | 11 may 08 10:01 a.m.
It's a bug.. that was just fixed.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading