◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
To our faithful listeners,

We've decided to formally shutdown thesixtyone.com -- our servers will go offline at midnight, May 1st 2017.

Artist tipping and music purchases will be functional until then, so please spend any remaining credits by month's end. 
A final payment will be made to artists following the shutdown.

thesixtyone was our baby for most of our twenties. We're incredibly sorry we weren't able to keep things going in the 
right direction.

2007-2017

Thank you for being a part of it.

Farewell,

James Miao & Samuel Hsiung

WhatNow
level 33
Re: Revive when? | 11 may 08 11:09 a.m.
Will the songs we revived during this time eventually show up on our page? I actually revived one at the correct time but it was at the very beginning of the problem. It was Pete Mroz, Heartache and Lace.

reply »

ShanLyn
level 9
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 21 may 08 3:47 p.m.
Interesting concept if it would only work. I've been trying to revive a song here for the last two days, but a caption keeps popping up indicating that I can't revive because of some other song which has been revived just recently. This isn't working.

reply »

WhatNow
level 33
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 21 may 08 8:34 p.m.
shanlyn, it's because there can only be one song revived every 3 hours. If you look on the home, New page you can see when the last revive was. It sort of turns reviving into a game.

reply »

ShanLyn
level 9
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 22 may 08 11:02 a.m.
WhatNow, I noticed. I like listening to the music, but waiting 3 hrs. just to bump my fav artist would be a bit frustrating if someone else beat me to it. Thank you for explaining.

reply »

WhatNow
level 33
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 22 may 08 5:45 p.m.
you can still bump it without reviving it. There is a place in the bottom right corner of the revive box that pops up. It says something like if you wish to bump this click here. Revives cost 1000 points. I like to revive but it's expensive, I went from alot of points to barely any but I keep getting points back. Hang in there

reply »

spaceman
level 26
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 23 may 08 6:18 p.m.
There are a few songs I'd like to revive, but never have the option to - can't work out why as they are older than 30 days, and other songs in my collection say revive, and when I click on them the dialog box comes up just fine.

What are the restrictions on reviving other than the 3hr rule?

reply »

carpex
level 35
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 24 may 08 7:04 p.m.
I have to admit that trying to revive a song is a pain in the lower part of my anatomy. A song can only be revived every 3 hours, but there is no accurate way of knowing when this 3 hours will end. You can only guesstimate it from the New list, but it is still a pretty frustrating experience.

Couldn't revives be based on some sort of lottery or waiting list? Perhaps something like this: when you click revive on a song, your name gets added to a pool of other users who also want to revive a song. Every 3 hours, a names is randomly selected from that list. If your name is not selected within 48 hours, it is removed from the pool and you have to hit revive again if you want to re-enter the pool.

reply »

SHO
level 9
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 may 08 8:57 a.m.
I have been trying to revive a song for some time. It never lets me. It says that someone revived a song to recently. I have been trying for months. What am i doing wrong?

reply »

bloke
level 17
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 25 may 08 8:42 p.m.
Lies, the system is perfect. You guys are too impatient. This is an adventure, not an arcade. You need to start feeling the website, not analyze it.

reply »

myktoronto
level 38
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 may 08 1:01 a.m.
I think it should cost 1,000 points (no limit) to post a comment on the forums. Granted they wouldn't be as entertaining; but it would sure cut down on a lot of repetition.

I can feel the force now bloke! ohmmmmmmmmmmmm...actually it was just my cellphone. I'll have to work on it. (Maybe I could start a new thread)

reply »

carpex
level 35
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 may 08 8:13 a.m.
@SHO: to revive a song, you need to try to figure out when the last song was revived. Then, exactly 3 hours later (+/- a few microseconds), you need to madly hit the revive button until it works. Since there are always a few users madly hitting revive buttons at the same time, chances are you will have to wait another 3 hours at try again.

reply »

spaceman
level 26
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 may 08 9:42 a.m.
Why is it a couple of songs I have never have the revive button?

Really, I see the revive button appear, go to my profile, and it just says bump. I then go to another part of the site and revive is everywhere!

reply »

WhatNow
level 33
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 may 08 12:43 p.m.
It might be because they have never posted. It's 30 days after they post.

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 26 may 08 7:42 p.m.
ya. do you have examples...

reply »

lambbanana
level 22
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 30 may 08 3:46 p.m.
I really like this lottery-system idea. Reviving costs too much for it to be this much of a pain. Then again, maybe it should cost more since demand clearly exceeds supply.

reply »

maCk1977
level 10
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 02 jun 08 9:17 p.m.
Been trying to revive a song for 6 days..............kind of a joke. Guess I need to sit a bit closer to the puter =/.

reply »

kilexia
level 36
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 02 jun 08 11:32 p.m.
This might have been suggested before, but can we have another tab, besides "hot," "new," and "best," for revives? Every 3 hours, a revive with the most new bumps could be sent to the home page.

reply »

phreakymonkey
level 34
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 02 jun 08 11:45 p.m.
I just came here to write the same thing. :o

reply »

kilexia
level 36
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 02 jun 08 11:54 p.m.
Spooky.

I understand that part of the appeal is to send a song straight to the front page, but if it's this hard to get a song through, I think there needs to be a compromise somewhere.

reply »

bitermonkey
level 17
Re: New Feature: Revive Your Favorite Song! | 03 jun 08 9:32 p.m.
Okay, this lottery for getting s song revived is pretty annoying. It shouldn't have to be that way. Come on, you are already investing a thousand points,you got the commitment for the song. This three hour rule seems to work against the very idea of what reviving a a song should do.
Get a good song out there again.

Please to be making this easier to do, at least timing wise. Thanks.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading