◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans

carpex
level 35
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 2:37 p.m.
@willie. But it gives users something to do with the points they earn.

reply »

willie
level 17
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 2:53 p.m.
It give those with lots of points something to do with their points.

reply »

missi
level 16
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 3:29 p.m.
@willie-
My thoughts exactly. It seems this keeps lower leveled users completely out of the revive-game.

reply »

james
level 21
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 3:32 p.m.
"revive" isn't even an option for listeners below level 7. i guess you could call that "unfair to the poor" as well.

reply »

mathmanmrt
level 42
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 3:33 p.m.
current low bid for a revive is 5001 points. here's the quote from the tutorial box:

A "revive" allows you to push your favorite song back to the top of the home page "new" tab. You can revive a song by bidding points for it. The song with the highest bid will be chosen every few hours and posted to the home page. You won't be charged for the bid until your song is chosen. Bids expire after 24 hours.

song title here

bid amount: here there is a white box with the current bid level which as of right now is 5001.

as much as the previous revive system was flawed, i must admit that this cure seems a painful one.

if revive is still unlockable at level 7, it would take a really lucky break for anyone at that level to hit one. at the current bid level this would wipe out the points of someone just reaching level 10. even at my level of points (around 74000) i have to look at 5000+ points and say to myself-- "too rich for my blood."

reply »

missi
level 16
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 3:38 p.m.
@james- Didn't know revive was only allowed after level 7. I guess I never tried reviving anything back then.

@mathmanmrt- I couldn't see dropping the 5001 pts. it was up to last I checked, either.

reply »

Alex Gloworld
level 15
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 3:45 p.m.
If it encourages people to bump new tracks rather than revive the same songs over and over (and over) again then it has some benefits in my opinion.

reply »

Alex Gloworld
level 15
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 3:47 p.m.
You could do a lot of bumping with 1,000 points, imagine what you could do with, say, 5,000 rather than reviving one song.

reply »

scopitone
level 13
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 4:34 p.m.
I've been trying to bump a particular song for ages and now I have to wait weeks to reach 5000 points? Tactical error, guys. If you need a point sink then how about e-peen badges or special profile flourishes for people with too many points?

reply »

Hilary9361
level 13
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 4:54 p.m.
Whew! 6001 latest bid. I've only ever had two songs I wanted to revive - glad I got them in before the bid system. This is not a criticism, just feeling the relief ha ha.

reply »

mrts
level 31
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 5:40 p.m.
Is this new bid system explained somewhere?

reply »

icysea
level 27
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 5:41 p.m.
I have no problem with the new revive system as I don't care about the points as much as I enjoy the fun of getting the some more play time.

I feel that this lends itself to an option to push an old song that never made it to the front page.

I think there are some really awesome songs that were just uploaded at a bad time.

I am willing to pay an even higher premium as I think they are completely worth it.

reply »

iyzie
level 44
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 5:50 p.m.
@scopitone

You can always bump a song without reviving it. When you hit the revive button it gives you the option to bump instead.

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 5:54 p.m.
"I feel that this lends itself to an option to push an old song that never made it to the front page."

It looks like it's only for songs that already posted. A similar system for unposted songs would also be nice.

reply »

geetargrll
level 17
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 6 p.m.
YIKES!!! I didn't realize that there was a new bid system and I just clicked revive on The Rope by Dust and Blood and it said that my bid for 6800 points was submitted...oh shit! I don't really have the points to spare. Is there any way to retract this? This is the first time I'm hoping that I don't get the revive this hour. Thanks!!! geetargrll

reply »

geetargrll
level 17
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 6:02 p.m.
Well, I got the revive and it only cost about 1000 points. Not sure what happened to the 6800...whew. I guess I don't completely understand how this new system works. I'll go back and read the earlier posts now that I'm not freaking out. Thanks!

reply »

missi
level 16
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 6:22 p.m.
"Well, I got the revive and it only cost about 1000 points. Not sure what happened to the 6800..."

Huh? *scratches head* How'd that happen?

reply »

todash
level 39
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 6:30 p.m.
The new bid based revive systems sounds like the perfect solution. It will be interesting to see how much revives cost as the user base scales up in size.

It would be nice if the users good bid for specific times slots of revives. It would kinda be a disappointment to pay 10k points for a song that gets revived at 3am when few folks are logged on.

reply »

todash
level 39
The new revive system sounds like a great solu... | 12 jun 08 6:32 p.m.
Wow I should not mix drinking and posting ... I meant to say that it would be nice if users could bid for specific time slots.

reply »

Kiwikewlio
level 32
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 12 jun 08 7:17 p.m.
I did the same thing. I dont want to spend almost 7,000 points!!!

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading