◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans

Ryno
level 15
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 6:08 a.m.
Best idea yet.

Let people bump songs for a longer time since I'm not going to revive some song i kinda like that is a month or two old. Revive needs to be 6months + IMO because right now 1/2 the HOT list is revives it seems and I can't just bump old songs i like (or maybe the feature is hiding...)

reply »

eatabagel
level 21
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 6:39 a.m.
@flash - "I do like that I can now bump unrevived songs...don't know what I'm doing with that...I suppose adding a bit of pts to the artist."
Not that this matters anymore but you could always do this.

reply »

todash
level 39
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 7:31 a.m.
There is now a Browse --> Revive Bids.

reply »

james
level 21
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 8:30 a.m.
that's been there from the start. :-)

reply »

jimt
level 20
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 8:35 a.m.
Glad I got one when I did, I guess. I had 3k points at the time, and it was a huge expense. But I thought it was worth it, and I'm delighted to have the song on my page.

I'm level 10 now, with 5700 points saved up. Looking at the system now, I don't think there's much chance I'd have been able to compete for a revive. The level eligibility might as well be removed altogether, since the cost dictates participation anyway.

reply »

sam
level 38
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 8:50 a.m.
We're experimenting with clearing all pre-existing bids whenever a song is revived rather than leaving them in the stack. Hopefully this will make the revives more interesting as well as obtainable.

reply »

james
level 21
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:09 a.m.
it's also important to note that revives were always meant to be a high-end "unlockable" available to influential, highly active listeners. when you think about it, it's a fairly powerful ability for an individual to be able to singularly flex his/her muscle in influencing a homepage viewed by hundreds of thousands of people each month.

reply »

mathmanmrt
level 42
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:16 a.m.
over the last 15 minutes or so i've been getting the following error message in the scroll:

TypeError: t61._init_revive_bids is not a function

is this an artifact of the process of clearing the previous revive bids? i ask because this seems to have happened just before and just after the latest revive. i know this may belong more in the "bugs" forum but this seemed to be the most active thread right now.

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:23 a.m.
I got this on the new RAC song as well

reply »

james
level 21
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:34 a.m.
you'll need to do a browser refresh.

reply »

vaughn
level 15
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:35 a.m.
I'm a little confuzzled. Surely not ALL of the songs on the browse page can be revived at once, so it's just picking the highest bidded song right? When does each auction end? Is it random?

reply »

james
level 21
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:36 a.m.
it's a bidding system that refreshes every 3 hours (synced with revives).

reply »

jimt
level 20
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:46 a.m.
Good points, gentlemen. Cheers!

reply »

vaughn
level 15
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 9:57 a.m.
Thanks James.

You know what's interesting is that this browse page for revives actually does half of the job of getting the songs more exposure. It's like a halfway house for revives. I've already listened to two songs I hadn't heard before thanks to that page, just to see why someone wanted them revived so much. It's never going to be anywhere near as effective as actually being posted, but it helps a bit, right?

reply »

iyzie
level 44
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 10:06 a.m.
Excellent point, vaughn. I believe that the revive bid queue will definitely have that effect.

reply »

TejozListens
level 33
Re: I know youre working on the revive system b... | 13 jun 08 11:29 a.m.
wooooohoooooooooooooo!

reply »

rwallen
level 36
I like the new revive system | 13 jun 08 12:53 p.m.
I think you are right that it should cost more to send a song straight to the front page. When I first saw that it was 1000 points I was sure I would never have that much, but my points have added up pretty fast.

I think that this will all even out like any kind of economy and work out for the best. Sure it cost more to revive songs now with everyone bidding, but it will go down to what the market can handle.

Unless of course people start selling theysixtyone points on ebay L@@K best price anywhere!

reply »

bitermonkey
level 17
Re: I dont much like the new revive system | 13 jun 08 1:05 p.m.
And now I can't revive some songs that I have been trying to revive for weeks now.

This new system is smacking of being a bit more elitist than the old one was.

Frustrating.

reply »

bitermonkey
level 17
Re: I dont much like the new revive system | 13 jun 08 1:05 p.m.
And now I can't revive some songs that I have been trying to revive for weeks now.

This new system is smacking of being a bit more elitist than the old one was.

Frustrating.

reply »

Wolffe
level 31
Re: I dont much like the new revive system | 13 jun 08 1:25 p.m.
@bitemonkey Like James said
it's also important to note that revives were always meant to be a high-end "unlockable" available to influential, highly active listeners. when you think about it, it's a fairly powerful ability for an individual to be able to singularly flex his/her muscle in influencing a homepage viewed by hundreds of thousands of people each month.

It smacks of being 'elitist' because it's supposed to. Personally, I think that fits very well with the business model of this site. To promote new music by rewarding those who are active and listening and promoting that music.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading