◄|
|►
Loading... (0:00)
thesixtyone is a music discovery game that connects artists and fans
Topic:

Browse -> Activity [locked]

eatabagel
level 21
Re: Browse -> Activity | 29 jan 08 7:13 a.m.
I have to say that the activity page is a brilliant idea. Talk about the ability to flex some high level muscle.

reply »

saritalr
level 42
Re: Browse -> Activity | 30 jan 08 12:54 p.m.
I love the idea of an activity page, and I've definitely been using it a fair bit. Has anyone else noticed that it doesn't actually seem very responsive? I certainly don't have any hard and fast scientific evidence for this but it seems like some songs are staying on the first few pages for at least a couple hours without receiving any bumps. In other words, there doesn't seem to be a sufficient amount of turnover.

Not a complaint, just wondering if anyone else is finding the same thing...

reply »

shayborg
level 36
Re: Browse -> Activity | 30 jan 08 2:12 p.m.
@saritalr: I've noticed the same thing and I assume it's intentional. It's not terribly difficult to get a song onto the active page, but it takes a good long while for it to slide back off. I like that behavior personally.

reply »

saritalr
level 42
Re: Browse -> Activity | 30 jan 08 2:35 p.m.
It does seem more positive when you put it like that. I guess I'm just a little unsure as to exactly how much activity it takes to get the song to show up.

reply »

petiejoe
level 36
Re: Browse -> Activity | 30 jan 08 4:43 p.m.
I'd be interested in knowing how much activity it requires to get to the top of that page. If I bump a song 10 or more times, will it actually show up there? I usually will bump a song once or twice at a time, and the good songs keep getting more bumps over time, but if they get more attention when I bump a lot at once, I'll have to keep that in mind.

reply »

shayborg
level 36
Re: Browse -> Activity | 30 jan 08 5:14 p.m.
I haven't tried it myself, but from watching other people bump songs I'm pretty sure that bumping a song 10 times will definitely put it onto that page.

reply »

ImOnlySleeping
level 39
Re: Browse -> Activity | 30 jan 08 5:19 p.m.
I knocked a bunch of songs that hadn't seen the light of day in while onto the activity page today. They got exposure for a few hours. You just have to be willing to drop a few hundred on a song.

reply »

eatabagel
level 21
Re: Browse -> Activity | 30 jan 08 7:46 p.m.
Petie I posted this under a post in another thread which was a little off topic there.

Petie- I have found that If i bump something 10-16 times it will be on the activity page within ten minutes. Not to take sole credit but I have helped post ten songs in the last few days just by finishing my full bump potential on a one month old stagnant song.

reply »

Biiij
level 32
Re: Browse -> Activity | 25 feb 08 8:06 a.m.
Hmmm... Well I'm not quite sure about this. I'd way prefer a "sort by new" or at least have it back.
By definition an active song is a 50+ bumped song and bumping a 100+ bumped song is not much rewarding (points and pride). I feel wronged (is that the word??? Looked it up in an online dictionary!!)

reply »

iWex
level 40
Re: Browse -> Activity | 25 feb 08 2:21 p.m.
Love the activity page, but...

Can we talk about today? "Holy Bumpage, Batman" Is it just me or is the momentum bumping getting a bit out of hand again? Seems a bunch of songs are flying to 100 bumps in less than an hour.

Quality music? Or gaming the system? I don't know, but I don't think I like it (even though I am doing it right along with the rest of you.)

reply »

batface89
level 45
Re: Browse -> Activity | 25 feb 08 5:18 p.m.
iWex, you can blame Apocalypse. He's on a bumping binge ;-)

Honestly today there were a load of great songs uploaded. Really great.

reply »

silkworm
level 37
Re: Browse -> Activity | 25 feb 08 7:02 p.m.
Per AnnieB's suggestion, I'd like to invite anyone to check out my underappreciated playlist. I'd be more than happy to return the favor, just let me know by wall or tunebox. I'm headed over to AnnieB's now!

reply »

AnnieB
level 43
Re: Browse -> Activity | 25 feb 08 11:07 p.m.
Haha, not sure how my name got attached to these sort of lists in the first place, but it's much more of a concerted effort by a wonderful and diversified community of listeners here eager to shine some light onto songs that deserve more recognition. As mentioned in other threads, do check out cdipaolo's wall for a growing compilation of underrated, underappreciated, underbumped, unloved, etc. playlists, as well as other lists containing some of the listeners’ favorites. To silkworm and others, if you wish for your list to be added as well, please notify cdipaolo…and perhaps, some adventurous listeners can help promote your song selections onto the browse>activity page :-)

reply »

Apocalypse
level 36
Re: Browse -> Activity | 04 mar 08 1:25 p.m.
@ Batface: Don't give my secrets away! :-)

I have noticed that dumping a bunch of bumps on a song that is old and hasn't gotten many bumps will move it to the Activity Page, where it gets picked up and often (if the song is good'n'Tasty), the Front Page. The older the song, the longer the lull has been on the song, the less bumps it takes to show it the light of day.

As far as the bumping rampage goes - I realized that simply collecting points does me nor anyone else any good. If the sole advantage of leveling up is to drop more points, I am happy dropping 16x max on a song that is awesome... So I decided to flex some muscle and bump the hell out of songs that are good. The idea was to deplete all my points while promoting my brand of musical taste. But, alas, with the rampage and many Revives, I am climbing the stats again! The Activity Page has turned me into a Revivalist for old, awesome song goodness and the flock follow.

Give it a shot. Leave your points behind and have some fun... or maybe it's just me

reply »

mattynabib
level 39
Re: Browse -> Activity | 08 mar 08 1:05 p.m.
I'm all with Apocalypse on that one - I have more points than I really know what to do with, and they just keep building up, so when I find a song I like, chances are I'm going to bump the crap out of it.

There are other ways to get songs re-noticed as well - if you have already maxed something out, one way to get it into the eyeballs of your subscribers is by commenting or putting into an appropriate playlist - that sometimes will stir some interest.

I've not gotten crazy with the revivals yet, but if I go offline for a few days, when I come back I'll have so many points I'll have to revive a dozen songs just to feel sane again! I think people should BUMP their consciences when it comes to songs you like.

reply »

« back to announcements

downloading