- Non-Account Activity. You can listen and download songs on thesixtyone without having an Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on thesixtyone—like uploading songs, posting comments, or listening to restricted songs—require you to have an Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your Account from unauthorized access. An Account allows you to access many of our services that require registration.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use thesixtyone, the songs you listen to, the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in thesixtyone (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your Account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or song content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through thesixtyone, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of thesixtyone, as well as provide special personalized features to you.
- Your Account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload songs or send messages through thesixtyone and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any songs that you submit to thesixtyone may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major thesixtyone Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of thesixtyone and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through thesixtyone, in which case you can still listen to songs and explore thesixtyone, but thesixtyone may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced features may, for authentication purposes, require you to sign up for other thesixtyone services. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your Account profile page.
thesixtyone adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration, see the Department of Commerce's web site.