Supplementary dental insurance supplements the benefits provided by statutory health insurance and ensures patients receive high-quality dental care at affordable prices.
Why supplementary dental insurance is important
Statutory health insurance only covers basic care. For more extensive treatments, high-quality dentures or modern therapy procedures, high co-payments can arise. Supplementary dental insurance minimizes these costs and provides access to the best dental services.
Benefits of supplementary dental insurance
Prophylaxis and preventive care
Regular professional dental cleanings and preventive checkups are essential for long-term dental health.
High-quality dental prosthesis
Whether implants, bridges or crowns: Good insurance coverage ensures high-quality materials and the best aesthetic results.
Orthodontic measures may also be necessary for adults. Supplementary insurance often covers these costs as well.
Innovative treatment methods
Laser treatments, 3D printing of dentures or digital impression procedures – modern dentistry is innovative and efficient.
Tips for taking out private supplementary dental insurance
One thing first: Anyone who thinks dental treatments are inexpensive has probably never had to make use of extensive dental cleaning, root canal treatment or an implant. A private supplementary dental insurance can remedy this situation.
You’re probably wondering why you should spend extra money on dental insurance if you already have health insurance. The answer is simple: to get the best dental care possible and avoid unforeseen costs.
Scope of coverage
First, consider what coverage you really need. While some may only want basic coverage, others may seek more comprehensive protection that covers high-value treatments.
Waiting periods and reimbursement
Some insurance plans have long waiting periods before certain benefits can be claimed. Look for short waiting periods and high reimbursement rates.
Value for money
Cheap is not always good. It is important that you get the most for your money. Compare the rates carefully!
The different types of supplementary dental insurance
- Basic coverage plans: These plans typically provide basic coverage for common treatments like fillings and dental cleanings.
- Rates for premium care: Ideal for those who demand the highest standards of materials and aesthetics. Often include implants and ceramic fillings.
- Rates for special treatments: Sometimes there are special rates for orthodontics or periodontal treatments.
Avoid pitfalls when concluding a contract
Fine print and exclusions
Every insurance policy has its exclusions. Read the fine print carefully!
Flexible rate options
Look for rates that you can adjust over time to meet your changing needs.
The path to optimal supplementary dental insurance
Use comparison portals, read customer reviews and get advice. This will help you find the best tariff for you.
Choosing the right supplementary dental insurance is not a decision you should make lightly. It’s about your health, your well-being and ultimately your wallet. Take your time, do your research and choose wisely.
Selection criteria for the best supplementary dental insurance
When purchasing supplemental dental insurance, several factors should be considered:
- Scope of benefits: the plan should offer comprehensive benefits for prophylaxis, therapy and dentures.
- Waiting periods: Ideally, the plan should offer short or no waiting periods.
- Reimbursement rate: A high reimbursement rate minimizes the patient’s own contribution.
- Price-performance ratio: A high benefit should be offered at a fair price.
Advantages of supplementary dental insurance
- Financial security: no more unexpected high dental bills.
- Free choice of dentist: Choose the dentist you trust, regardless of cost.
- Best dental care: Access to state-of-the-art treatment methods and the highest quality dentures.
Supplemental dental insurance offers financial protection, provides access to world-class dental care, and ensures that patients receive the best possible treatment regardless of income. It is a wise investment in one’s health and quality of life. It is worth comparing different offers and finding the best insurance for you.